Funding & Support
Faith in Action is a grassroots organization that relies on the community for financial support. Cash contributions allow Faith in Action to cover operating costs — the costs of training, coordinating, managing, and motivating volunteers; as well as insurance; supplies; continuing education; and other administrative costs. In-kind contributions also help Faith in Action defer expenses.
Because there are no fees charged for any service, support from the community is crucial. All contributions to Faith in Action directly benefit the persons receiving assistance.
Faith in Action of the River Cities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by the IRS.
There are several ways you can provide the much needed support our organization requires, many of which are quite fun.
- Gift Card Purchases: Faith in Action now has gift cards available for many of your favorite shopping or dining venues. When you buy them from FIA we get a percentage of each sale, usually 4%-11% depending on the Store. Contact the FIA office today about how to order. Orders placed by 10 am Thursday can be picked up Tuesday afternoon. It’s a great way to donate without spending any extra! For a list of Stores, Click Here.
- Sip & Savor: In 2010 Faith in Action hosted its first "Sip & Savor" Fundraiser, a food and wine tasting. This event has grown in the succeeding two years, making it one of our most popular and successful events. Greenbrier trained Chef Christopher Bowling donates his expertise and time to prepare exquisite cuisines, paired with complementary wines for all in attendance to taste. All proceeds benefit Faith in Action. This event is held in late August each year.
* Sweet Sounds of Spring: 2012 saw the initiation of a new fundraising event -- a cabaret-type evening of song and desserts. Several singers familiar to Tri-State
musical theater fans joined together to present numerous beloved melodies from old
and new Broadway shows. Along with the music, we were treated to a variety of
sweet treats from local bakers and confectioners. The evening included opportunities
for the audience to sing along to some of their favorites. In 2014, "Sweet Sounds" will
be held Saturday, May 17th. Be watching for this event!
- NIP Tax Credits: Every Fall, Faith in Action looks to be able to provide Neighborhood Investment Program tax credits, and the good news is, they’re here! In the past, many of you have received NIP Tax Credit vouchers which “give back” half your donation on your taxes. We’re happy to say that this fiscal year FIA received $5,000 in tax credits, $1,00 being still available as of March 1, 2014. For donations over $500, you receive a voucher which is a credit against your WV personal or business income taxes. The donation still is fully deductible on your federal tax forms. If this opportunity is of interest to you, please call the office at (304) 697-1274 for more details. Hurry – they are going fast!!
- Huntington Area Landmarks Jigsaw Puzzles: Fall of 2012 saw a new fundraiser -- a jigsaw puzzle featuring iconic images of Huntington, both past and present. Taken by local photographer Michael Adkins, the pcitures include Old Main, Memorial Field House, Huntington riverfront and Ritter Park among other sights familiar to Huntington residents. They make great holiday gifts for family members and friends who no longer live in the area.
The puzzles cost $15 each and will be available at the FIA office and at off-site locations: HIMG, Rte. 60 E, Huntington; Customer Service counter of the Huntington Mall; The Red Caboose in Heritage Station, downtown Huntington.
- New Puzzle for 2014: New for spring of 2014 will be a puzzle featuring pictures of houses of worship throughout the Huntington area. Mike Adkins, who prepared the landmarks puzzles, has again agreed to photograph many of the beautiful churches and temples where we meet to worship. Watch for more details. These will also sell for $15 and will make great gifts for the reunion season, holidays or for that friend or relative who no longer lives in the area.
For more information, call 304-697-1274 or 877-367-1271